Y Teigr Gwyn
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read|

Go down

Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read| Empty Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read|

Post  Loki Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:57 pm

.:Introduction:.

Welcome to the Battle Arena! I'm sure some, if not all of you are wondering "What the heck is that?! O.o" Well, I'll tell you very simply that the Battle Arena is just that, a place to Roleplay out battles to your heart's content.

Personally, the Battle Arena is where it all started for me back in '09 and to say I haven't missed seeing a BA would be lying.

Anyways, the Battle Arena focuses on fighting. There is a setting but no plot and you take turns posting. It's just like regular Roleplaying except you focus more on being specific with your actions than developing your character.

~Loki, Y Teigr Gwyn Admin

Last edited by Loki on Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Loki
Loki
Cool Person
Cool Person

Back to top Go down

Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read| Empty Re: Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read|

Post  Loki Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:22 pm

.:Rules:.

The Battle Arena is just another part of Y Teigr Gwyn/Detderp.net. The rules are followed here just like any place else, and, if you don't know the rules, you're already breaking them. See that pretty little topic called "Rules" made by the wonderful admin, Raeda? Yeah, see it? Well read it! You'll make her feel bad and we might just have to ban you for that. ;c

However, there is one exception to the rules.

Any users who create explicit posts/role-plays or gory posts/role-plays will be will receive a warning. If the content is not edited within three days the post/role-play will be deleted.

The part in there about creating gory posts/roleplays can be ignored here. In the Battle Arena you may get as graphically violent as you want. However, there is a catch. In place of that rule, you are required to put a Violence Level in the title of your topic.

.:Violence Level:.

Basically the Violence Level is like a movie rating. It warns people on what they are about to view in level of violence. All you have to do is select the rating that you want/think your RP will contain and put it in the title of your Roleplay.

Ex. "Ritsuka Seeks a Fight [Violence Level NC-15]"

Now you can do this a number of ways. Usually, you can just put brackets around you Violence Level. They can be anything: ()[]||// as long as it can be understood to be that. You can also write the actual rating any way you want. You could say: Violence Level, VL, or even just put the rating, but it has to be obvious to what it is.

.:Ratings:.

Now, I don't care what kind of rating system you have in your head, you use mine. Comprende?
Also: be sure to not that this is JUST FOR VIOLENCE! Do not think that by putting "NC-17" in your thread title means you wont get banned if things turns sexual.

NC-17, this is the highest level of violence. You can do pretty much anything here; tear guts out, sever heads, beat your opponent into a bloody pulp, I don't care, you can do it. If you're goal is to try to make me cringe, good luck, I'll still be reading these threads and it takes a lot to disgust me.

NC-15, here's probably the average violence level. Think something like Anime style fighting. You've got blood and killing, but you don't go graphic and things such as severing limbs are rare, if not non-existent.

PG-13, low leveled violence. This means there can be a bit of blood, but not much, and the deaths are mild, or might not even happen at all.

PG, no blood, no killing. To win the fight you instead have to make your opponent run, or knock 'em out. Think Pokemon battle violence. :3
Loki
Loki
Cool Person
Cool Person

Back to top Go down

Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read| Empty Re: Battle Arena Introduction, Rules, and Regulations |All BA Users Must Read|

Post  Loki Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:44 pm

.:Style:.

When it comes to the Battle Arena, there is an actual "style" of Roleplaying that goes along with it. It's probably a little different then what you're used to, so I will explain it here. It might seem complicated at first, but I'm pretty sure some of you are already using it when your Roleplay out fights and you just didn't realize it. If not, once you grasp the concept, I guarantee it'll become second nature for you.

.:T1 Style:.

T1 is short for Type 1. It's full length name is Type 1: Turn Based Combat, because it is exactly that. Here's where I'll explain just what that is.

For now, I'll leave this like this. xD I'm currently editing the T1 style to make it a little easier to read, but I'll have it up later.

Edit; Taking a little time to do this. o3o For now you can see the official T1 rules HERE.
Loki
Loki
Cool Person
Cool Person

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down